Proact Managed Cloud Services provide workspace and cloud services to customers in the UK and across Europe. The services provided include Workspace, IaaS, DRaaS, BaaS and a wide range of remote monitoring and management products including storage, network, and hypervisor.
The Senior Workspace Specialist will act as the Citrix specialist in delivering managed services under the workspace banner. You will work in the service operations team to provide remote support of customer desktop platforms including liaising with vendors and 3rd Parties on complex incidents and issues.
The role requires a proactive mindset and a desire for continual improvement of skills and knowledge, the pace of change in the Citrix Workplace is fast and the role always requires up to date knowledge.
The role offers the right candidate a chance to join a highly skilled support and managed services team and establish themselves as the Citrix expert. Learning opportunities from working alongside strong datacentre skills, cloud skills and Microsoft skills offers many options for advancement of knowledge.
For existing customers, you are involved in the planning and implementation of complex changes, minor architectural changes, and configuration management. Must have the tenacity and aptitude for working within a service function as high technical level, to undertake analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of incidents. Must have experience of managing and coordinating major incidents with minimal supervision. Must have experience at building professional relationships at all levels (internally and externally).
The role holder must always operate with honesty and integrity with a customer centric mindset.
In addition to the above, the role holder must:
- Demonstrate expertise managing and support Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, both Citrix Cloud and on premises
- Have a solid working knowledge of Citrix Provisioning Services, StoreFront, WEM (Workforce Engagement Management) and Citrix ADC/Gateway.
- In-depth knowledge of user profile virtualisation (Citrix and Microsoft FSLogix) and Windows Active Directory / Group Policies
- Engineering Windows builds, integrating Windows desktop operating systems and core applications, up to, and including Windows 10 21H1 and Office 2016 / 2019
- Analyse performance data to provide resources utilization information in support of operational process.
- Analyse, plans test, documents, and implements regular, advanced, or special maintenance activities of systems hardware and software to meet service level agreements with users’ groups.
- Strong skills troubleshooting and resolve support issues pertaining to Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop.
- Proficient in ITIL Principles, mainly change, incident, and problem management processes.
- Create and maintain knowledge base, run books configuration, and support documentation.
- Provide third line technical support, system administration and engineering customers Windows desktop and Citrix environment with components such as XenDesktop. XenApp, Storefront, RSA, and NetScaler.
- Experience in core Microsoft platforms such as Windows, Azure, WVD, O365 and proven record of accomplishment managing and supporting enterprise-level customer environments.
- Knowledge of classic (Windows Installer) and modern software packaging and distribution
- Knowledge of Microsoft App-V
- Interest in evaluating new technologies for our internal and external customers
- Packaging and on boarding of new applications in the Windows desktop and Citrix XenApp environment.
- Experience in core Microsoft platforms such as Windows, Azure, WVD, O365 and proven record of accomplishment delivering major enterprise-level Citrix projects.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience utilising an ITIL service management framework
- Experience of drafting clear and comprehensive documentation
- Ability to work under pressure, managing multiple work streams in a logical and methodical approach
- Initiative to take control of the architecture and drive an issue forward to resolution
- Experience of working in a flexible team environment
- Must possess and maintain a passion for technology and a keen interest in cutting edge industry products and solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication style
- Citrix Certified
- O365 Certified
- ITIL3 Foundation
- Private Comprehensive health care cover with AXA
- Company pension Scheme
- 25 Holidays
- 3 charity days fully paid/ year
- Option to purchase another 5 days Annual leave
- Company Laptop and Mobile phone